After our gorge fest, Freeman and I spent the rest of the day exploring Hong Kong's hot spots. He literally took me everywhere and we somehow managed to use all possible modes of transportation in the process. It's kind of funny now that I think about it. First we took the MTR (subway) from Admirality to Mong Kok... walked around Mong Kok for a while... took a Kowloon bus from Mong Kok to Tsim Sha Tsui (except traffic was moving at a snail's pace so we got out at St. Andrews Church and walked the rest of the way to Tsim Sha Tsui)... from TST we took a ferry to Central...from Central we took a trolley to Causeway Bay... walked around Causeway Bay for a while... and then took another (different) bus back to Chi Fu Fa Yuen... and from Chi Fu Fa Yuen we walked home to Pokfulam Garden. Phew!
You would think that the walking portions of our journey would be relatively easy, but they were actually the hardest part! I've NEVER seen crowds this big before. Every other second I was stepping over or bumping into someone. The worst part is that there was no escaping the throngs of people either. The malls AND the streets were packed shoulder to shoulder. (Refer to photo).
Despite my constant fear of being trampled, I had a really great day!! Freeman was a fabulous tour guide and so generous to share his time with me! (Random side note: He also introduced me to a tofu drink... strangely good.)
No comments:
Post a Comment