HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!
This could quite possibly be my favorite holiday of the year! I'm bummed that I couldn't spend it with my family back home (in fact this is the first Thanksgiving I have spent away from my family), but thankfully I have a wonderful support system here in Hong Kong. My Chinese aunt and uncle, CK and Suk Yee, invited my roommate and I to a fabulous Thanksgiving feast at the Marriott. CK's brother and his wife, which is one of Mina's sisters (refer to August blogs for info on Mina) were also there, in addition to another one of Mina's sisters and her husband. It was definitely nice to spend the holiday with family, even if it wasn't my biological one.
This could quite possibly be my favorite holiday of the year! I'm bummed that I couldn't spend it with my family back home (in fact this is the first Thanksgiving I have spent away from my family), but thankfully I have a wonderful support system here in Hong Kong. My Chinese aunt and uncle, CK and Suk Yee, invited my roommate and I to a fabulous Thanksgiving feast at the Marriott. CK's brother and his wife, which is one of Mina's sisters (refer to August blogs for info on Mina) were also there, in addition to another one of Mina's sisters and her husband. It was definitely nice to spend the holiday with family, even if it wasn't my biological one.
And like a typical Thanksgiving, I was completely stuffed afterward. Sandy (my roommate) and I came back to our apartment, got into some comfy clothes (i.e. sweatpants and a t-shirt), and watched a movie.
I've been completely swamped with schoolwork this week, but decided to take a personal day today to celebrate some of my American culture. It's nice that I can be half a world away and still feel so connected to home.
Sandy is napping right now and I think I may do the same. Happy Thanksgiving again! I am so thankful for the love and support from each and every one of you! You all make my life so much richer.
Group shot ...sorry about the mirror glare
CK's brother and Mina's sister (husband and wife)
Mina's sister and her husband (New Yorkers now) ...*FYI, the woman in the background (American) hoarded all of the cranberry sauce, took two full plates of pie and other miscellaneous desserts, and went back to the buffet at least a dozen times.
JW Marriott HK buffet= fabulous!
Thanksgiving station with my favorite turkey-slicer guy.
Pumpkin pie ...a skinnier version.
No comments:
Post a Comment